Wednesday, November 10, 2010

ThankFuL TReEs: ActiVity DaYs



This week for Activity Days we talked about living in ThANksGiViNG daily and how we should be thankful each day for the blessings that we have...not just at Thanksgiving time.  I found some cute journals at Michaels for a buck and gave them to the girls to use as Gratitude Journals.  I told them that they need to try to write in their journals each day for the rest of the month (if not longer). 



I glued a printout of this scripture inside to remind them of blessings of living in ThaNksGiVinG daily...
(thanks again to A Bushel and a Peck for this idea!)

As a craft we made ThaNKfuL trEes to take home and share with their families.


 
I made a few thankful for tags for the girls to take and have each family member add to their trees.



I used mini clothespins to clip them to the branches.


 
Their challenge was to go home and share the message of living in ThaNkSgiVinG daily with their families for FHE (one of the ideas for Faith in God requirements) and have everyone add their thankful for tags to the tree.



And to finish them off we added a few leaves.


I printed a bunch of leaves on one page and used my 2 inch punch to punch them out, added a loop of raffia to hang them and then backed them with another circle of card stock.







A fun way to teach the importance of living in ThAnKsgIviNG daily.
The trees can be used year after year.  We have a tradition of taking ours out every November and adding to the branches.  So fun to go back and look at what everyone was thankful for in years previous.

3 comments:

Emily Carter said...

So cute! I love this idea, and it makes me miss Activity Days! That was one of my favorite callings. Those printables are too cute!

Kisses!
Emily
WhipperBerry

ashley @ little miss momma said...

This is so so so cute!

eljah*B said...

This is such a wonderful activity and way to make being thankful real throughout the year. Thank you for the wonderful idea! I shared it on my fanpage.

Blessings!
Rachel